SYDNEY: Sydney Thunder on Friday terminated Afghanistan pacer Fazalhaq Farooqi’s Big Bash League contract with immediate effect following an investigation by Cricket Australia.
According to a statement issued by the Thunder, the club received a complaint about the behaviour of Farooqi following an incident last Thursday and referred the matter to Cricket Australia’s Integrity Unit for investigation.
However a CA statement said the details of the incident were confidential, and neither CA nor the Thunder would add any further comment.
“The behaviours displayed by Fazalhaq Farooqi sit outside our values and it was determined that his contract be terminated,” said Cricket NSW CEO Lee Germon as quoted by the Thunders.
Farooqi has been part of Thunder’s playing XI in all four games, the club has played so far ongoing season of the BBL. He made an impressive debut for the club when he took 2 for 20 against Melbourne Stars, while he returned remarkable figures of 3/20 against Adelaide Strikers in the next game.
The left-arm pacer was signed by the franchise in November as a replacement after England’s David Willey announced his withdrawal from the tournament.
READ: Sethi-led PCB Management Committee to hold first meeting today
The post Sydney Thunder terminate Fazalhaq Farooqi after ‘behaviour incident’ appeared first on ASports.tv.